Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Angel Reviews: The Green Trap

The Green TrapThe Green Trap by Ben Bova

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Ok, first of all, it's way too early for me to be trying to write a book review but, since I finished this at stupid-o'clock last night, I want to get my thoughts out while it's still fresh in my head.

I picked this book up in the DOLLAR STORE of all places and paid a whoppin' $1.25 for it. I thought, this is probably gonna suck, why else would it be in the dollar store?

Well, it didn't suck. At first I thought oh no, I'm not gonna be able to read this. The beginning was a bit slow. I didn't really find myself involved with the characters until at least halfway through. but, once I hit that halfway mark, I just couldn't wait to turn the page.

The story is centered around science. Microbiology to be exact and deals with the conspiracy world of government and big oil. It depicts corruption and what I think is closer to the truth than fiction. i really enjoyed the fact that the science wasn't so complicated that it was mind boggling. It was described in a way that even the dullest witted person could understand.

The story had so much more than I thought it would have, murder, mystery, conspiracy theory, love, betrayal....it was a nice surprise and I'm glad I spent that whoppin $1.25! I'd have paid more for this read!

Til Next Time---Angel

View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! One more for my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) great! can't wait to read your review! I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love those cheap buys especially when they turn out awesome.

    ReplyDelete