Monday, October 3, 2011

Manic Mondays -- Paranormal Addict and Proud! by Donna of Booklover's Hideaway.

Angela asked me to write about why I love the Paranormal genre so much. Or the Paranormal Romance genre, to be more specific. Well, that is a good question.



To be honest, I wasn't a fan until just a few years ago, when my niece suggested I read the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. At first I was like, I dunno... At the time, I was a big-time fan of Historical Romance. Yeah, I can hear you now: "Those cheesy bodice-rippers?!" Yes, that's me. I can't help it, I love them. But I decided to give the Dark Hunter series a shot anyway; after all, there is a mixture of Greek and Roman mythology in these books, and I've always loved reading anything to do with that. So I picked up the first book, and that is all it took for me to become obsessed with this genre.



What hooked me? I'm not sure how to answer that. The stories and mythologies were unique...and I have to admit the hot, steamy stuff helped. There's just something about these dark heroes that make you want to sigh. You know, we all crave a bad boy now and again; maybe that was it. Maybe it's the danger these men represent? Or how loyal they are to those they care about? Or is it a combination?



What is my favorite Paranormal to read about? Why, it's vampires, of course. Dark and dangerous and sexy, oh yeah. Here is one example. This vampire is the reason I watch True Blood and have read the books, the Sookie Stackhouse series. Don't you just want him to taste a sample from you? Excuse me while I stare at this picture for while.








Oh yeah, sorry, I'm supposed to be finishing this post.















I have several suggestions if you are interested in whetting your appetite in the world of Paranormal Romance:



1. The Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I cannot pimp this series enough. Kenyon does wonderful job of mixing drama, sarcastic humor, hot and steamy, and Happily Ever Afters. In the Dark Hunter world, there are not just vampires, there are werewolves, and gods and goddesses.






















2. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. This is another series that is a must buy for me. Her vampires are a tortured bunch, but they are really good.





















3. The Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. This is another series that has a mixture of Greek mythology and vampires. These tortured souls possess a demon; for example, Pain, Wrath, Lust, and so forth.





















4. The Demonica Series by Larissa Ione. This series is filled with demons and the inner workings of a Demon Hospital. Don't laugh; honestly, this is a fantastic series, not a soap opera.

























I'd better stop now, or this post will never end.



Whether it's the danger, the hot steam that coats the pages, or just a damned good story, I love to just to be whisked away for awhile. Isn't that what we all want from a book?








TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DONNA AND PARANORMAL ROMANCE PLEASE VISIT -- BOOKLOVER'S HIDEAWAY

4 comments:

  1. I think that guy was in Pittsburgh for something last week...Well, some dude from True Blood was in Pittsburgh last week, I saw it on the news, he was really tall and wearing a black leather coat and people were standing around him on the TV clip but I didn't catch his name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I ever came home to find that in my bed, I'd be screaming bloody murder!!! Then I'd be all over him like a hobo on a ham sandwich!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO @ "hobo on a ham sandwich"

    Same here. I don't even know who that guy is, because I don't watch True Blood myself, but every time I see him...well, let's just say he owes me several new pairs of panties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I don't think he was the one in Pitts - I think it was Joe Manganiello he was doing a benefit for something in Pittsburgh but then again he might have been there to support Joe- why oh why wasn't I in Pitts.

    His name is Alexander Scarsgard and I could stare at him all day ..... well more than stare there are several things I would love to do.

    ReplyDelete