Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Kobra Kid Reviews: Why Is Murder On The Menu, Anyway?

Why Is Murder On The Menu, Anyway? (Harlequin Next)Why Is Murder On The Menu, Anyway? by Stevi Mittman

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I picked this up and started reading it before I realized that it was freakin' Harlequin. Oy. Definitely not my cup of tea. But the first page and a half or so seemed rather amusing, so I kept reading, because hey, I'm not such a book snob that I can't try new things sometimes. I like to keep an open mind. Unfortunately, my mind isn't so open that I could keep reading past the first chapter. The problem is this: the book reads more like an outline than a novel. I can't understand how Mittman sent this in to her editor and actually got it published. How do these things happen? I mean, it's got potential, yes, and it's funny, but it requires a lot more fleshing out before it can call itself anything more than a rough draft.


Kobra Kid, signing off.
[You can't stop the signal.]

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment