Thursday, June 9, 2011

Angel Reviews: A Shot of Poison by: Christopher Long

A Shot of Poison: An Insider's Tales of One of Rock's Most Outrageous BandsA Shot of Poison: An Insider's Tales of One of Rock's Most Outrageous Bands by Christopher Long

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This book was for me, a blast from the past. Having lived my life around the "rock star scene" since the age of 15, nothing I read really surprised me...much.



I expected to find out that every guy in Poison could be an asshole on any given day but also that each one had very very endearing points. I think some people: the die hard "My favorite band is ultimate perfection in every way" crowd, may actually be offended by the God's honest truth the writer spouts.



Does he talk smack? Well yeah, he does. But. knowing the scene as well as I do from years as a wanna-be groupie, I believe every word written in this memoir.



If you're looking for sordid tales of sexual debauchery and drug abuse and just flat out mayhem, this book is not for you. If you are looking for a book that shows you the not so glamorous side of the road, the harsh truths of how chaotic and emotionally and physically draining it is for not only the band but the road crew as well, then I suggest giving this a read.



Chris Long shows the band in a very human light, imperfect, egotistical at times but yet very very HUMAN.





I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and will probably read it again and again.











View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I finally got it in the mail can't wait to see what you're talking about combines both of my faves music and reading can't wait to dive into this one.

    ReplyDelete