Saturday, May 21, 2011

Author's Spotlight -- Marlee Morgan --Interview

I'd like to thank Marlee Morgan for taking the time to answer our questions!I hope you all enjoy this interview and please pick up a copy of Soujon's Journey.


Tell us about you! where are you from? Family?

I was born and raised in Southern California. I have 2 children, my son in a doctor with the Air Force, my daughter - in - law is a veterinarian. My daughter is a RN working in the pediatric emergency room here in Las Vegas. I have 2 grandchildren, my grandson is 10 years old and my granddaughter is 8 years old. I am owned by very spoiled animals 3 dogs and 3 cats. The two fish behave themselves very well.



How long have you been writing?


I have always written little short stories for just myself. But when I turned 50 years old, I finally sat down and began Soujon's Journey. It took awhile, between working, and regular old life, but she finally got finished.



Who are your influences?

I love Leon Uris, James Clavell, Sue Grafton, Tolkien, C. S. Lewis, and Lewis Carroll and of course J. K. Rowling. I also love the way Rita Mae Brown, Harper Lee, and Margery William write.

What do you like to read?

I read all sorts of fiction when I have the time. The Oddkins by D. R. Koontz; the comics For Better for Worse by Lyn Johnston; The Pelican Brief by John Grisham; Rebecca, and My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier; and Tai Pan by James Clavell.
Plus so many more

Do you have a favorite author?


Harper Lee, J. K. Rowling and Lyn Johnston. (can't have just one). Their writing really grabs me.

What is the hardest part about writing?


Sitting myself down at the laptop. Ignoring the laundry, dishes, and regular housework.


What is the most fulfilling part about writing?


Actually seeing my story complete. It plays out like a movie in my head, and seeing complete and the story the way it should be it fantastic.


What advice would you give young kids today who aspire to becoming authors?

Keep writing whatever comes into your head. Whether it makes sense or not.


What are you working on right now?

The second story related to Soujon's Journey. Kender's Story is just about complete.


What future works do you have rolling around in your head?

Many. The Teacup Detectives, Melvin and the Toothbrush Room. Plus, something else, but not too sure what it will be


Where can we find out more about you and your works?

I have a website; www.marleemorgan.com

2 comments: