Monday, September 26, 2011

Angel Reviews-- Jarred Into Being by: Pat Lawrence

Jarred Into BeingJarred Into Being by Pat Lawrence

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I don't give alot of 5 star reviews, most of my reviews fall in the 3-4's cause there is always something missing.

I am happy to say with "Jarred Into Being" nothing is missing! Action, intrigue, mystery, love, betrayal, evil, it's all there and in just the right amounts.

At first you may envy the main character Eva, I mean who wouldn't want to be so exquisitely beautiful? I know as a woman I wish I could be visually perfect! Or at lest I thought, until I read this book. Beauty may have it's perks but as you will soon find out while reading, for Eva, most of the time it is a curse! People want to be her, to possess her and it takes her a very long time and a lot of wrong decisions before she learns how to use what she has to her own advantage.


Without giving too much away, the story has it's typical plot points and triggers, evil doers and supportive charecters, but the thing that kept it from being cliche or mundane was Eva herself. The authors wrote her to suck you in. In this book you are Eva, you see what she sees, feel what she feels, you ache and triumph with her. I found myself screaming and shouting at her, crying with her and laughing and loving with her. Somehow despite all the craziness surrounding her, she never loses her goodness.

I was very impressed with the ending as well. A lot of times in fiction, the authors leave loose ends and unfinished business, or the ending seems contrived, hurried or just not believable. That is not the case with "Jarred Into Being" Everything wraps up tightly and concisely and that is why I give this book a solid 5 stars!

I would recommend this book to adults who enjoy a little bit of twisted evilness and intrigue mixed with love.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment