Thursday, January 10, 2013

Angel Reviews -- Falstaff's Big Gamble by Hank Quense

Falstaff's Big GambleFalstaff's Big Gamble by Hank Quense
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was supposed to write this review ages ago but life got in the way. But you know what they say, better late than never right?

Let me first start by saying I am a huge, huge Sci-fi/fantasy fan. I am not, however, a Shakespeare fan. I have never read his works--at all. (although I will admit to googling the characters so I didn't completely miss the satire.)

I imagine Falstaff's Big Gamble could possibly piss off some people. You know, those with no sense of humor...but if you like a good laugh, dry humor and cheekiness mixed with just enough serious emotions to make it impossible to stop reading, you're gonna LOVE this book.

When I began reading I was really worried that I wouldn't "get it" since I really wasn't familiar with Hamlet at all but once I was finished reading I realized that I hadn't needed to google those darn characters anyway! Mr. Quense weaved the tale so that even literary dummies like me could enjoy it and laugh and actually feel....a little smart.

I don't know what else to say besides... just read it! If it doesn't make you giggle, there is seriously something wrong with you!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment